Thursday, May 08, 2008

Processing.js

{

John Resig of jQuery fame has released a library called Processing.js for javascript graphics. Yes, you read that right: Javascript graphics.

Earlier this week I was in some training and the instructor asked what future we saw for Silverlight.  My response was that I can't drink the koolaid just yet; while there are certainly applications in streaming media in which Silverlight will compete to the death with Flash, for web applications I see people taking Javascript to the level where its maturity with the browser makes most applications feasible. I also like the competitive environment around the Javascript libraries - the Dojo, jQuery, YUI, Scriptaculous, and other people trying to outdo one another just means better ideas, faster turn arounds, and a better experience. 

}

No comments: